Global Architectural Development
Academy (Greek: Ἀκαδήμεια; Koine Greek Ἀκαδημία) is an institution of secondary education, higher learning, research, or honorary membership. Academia is the worldwide group composed of professors and researchers at institutes of higher learning.
”Pursuing design as research raises questions about how design is conceptualized, analyzed, and conducted. In GAD Foundation we believe that each design should be unique to its circumstances, users, collaborators and clients. During this studio project students must demonstrate a depth analysis of the contexts and establish arboresque methodologies to manifest their ideas with a project, because we believe in the power of architecture.Gad Academy Team
GAD Academy’s Students
ABOUT GAD ACADEMY
The GAD Academy is a program for architectural education for newly graduated architecture students and young architects that is realised in the offices of Global Architectural Development practice in Istanbul. “Live Project” is the educational format of the GAD Academy.
Live Project recognizes that passion for design has no boundaries and we are focused on building a multidisciplinary mindset and techniques that can be applied to any design field. We aim to prepare the new generation of designers not only to expand their horizons and stay relevant but to thrive and drive progress and change. Our team of educators are all working professionals using these skills in their everyday careers and these are the skills they will be teaching you. Real world skills applicable for real word careers!
- Earn a degree accredited and worldwide recognized
- Master an exclusive design mindset through proven successful methods of accelerated learning
- Lead design innovation by immersing yourself in the world of multidisciplinary advanced and computational design
- Become a part of a diverse community with a global network
- Develop a holistic design ethos and skill-set that can be applied in any design industry
- Build your own design brand or be the ideal candidate for any advanced or computational design position world wide
- Formulating a concrete theoretical frame to support your vision
- Importance of topology and advantages of procedural modelling and non-destructive reversible workflows
- Interoperability workflows and optimization of design processes
- Polygonal Modelling and Sculpting with Maya and ZBrush
- Nurbs & SubD Modelling with Rhino
- Computational and generative design with Grasshopper and Houdini
- Data driven morphing systems
- Visual Coding
- Virtualization with VRay and Post-production with Photoshop
- Creating VR experiences with Unreal Engine
- Prototyping techniques such as 3D Printing, Laser-cutting, CNC milling, Vacuum forming
- Autodesk Maya
- Pixologic ZBrush
- Rhinoceros 6.0 /7.0
- Grasshopper Plugins: Pufferfish, Weaverbird, MeshEdit, Mesh+, Lunchbox, Milepede, Wasp, Quelea, Dendro, Human, Open Nest, Squid, Firefly
- Adobe Creative Cloud
No previous computational design experience is required. However, prior knowledge in 3D design programs, such as Rhino or/and Maya, is welcome.
The program is full-time. Due to the fact that it is online, it allows for some flexibility. Still, full-time employment is discouraged since it’s going to reflect on the student’s performance.
The GAD Foundation Live Project is an annual, full-time experimental noncredit program that will take place at the heart of GAD, GADLab, GADLibrary, and the editorial group.
Within the scope of their experience, we ask participants to transform insights they glean from professionals in the discipline, such as architects, academics, and artists, and turn them into a program of research, self-edification, and action.
By the end of this process, which we call “Live-Project,” participants will be able to reflect on their experiences together with the design teams and reevaluate their prior training in the scope of traditional architectural education. We want participants to undergo a process of self-construction, filling the gaps in their knowledge and realizing their own archeology.
Emin Mahir BALCIOGLU
Dr. Markus C. SLEVOGT
WHO CAN APPLY
6-MONTH FULL-TIME PROJECT AND PRACTICE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM FOR GRADUATES OF ARCHITECTURE
CURIOSITY ABOUT ART, THEORY, AND COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN
(INTERMEDIATE SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED)
DIPLOMA – BACHELOR’S DEGREE OR A TEMPORARY GRADUATION DOCUMENT
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
PORTFOLIO (FOR THE APPLICANTS WITH A DESIGN BACKGROUND. PORTFOLIOS WILL BE REVIEWED DURING INTERVIEWS)
TUITION FEE 50,000 ₺ + KDV